This page has moved to a new address.

ensemble friday...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer: ensemble friday...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer

I'm Jenn, a stay at home/work at home mama to Penny, wife to Evan, and daughter, sister, and friend to a lot more. I absolutely love capturing beautiful every day moments from behind my lens, and I'm doing my best to do just that!

Friday, February 26, 2010

ensemble friday...

i've been so busy these past few days catching up on adding lots of new goodies to my shop, that i haven't really been able to do any good blog updating. *slap on wrist* i wanted to keep todays post nice and simple with a little ensemble update. i enjoy doing outfit posts so much, that i think i may just make them a regular friday occurrence.


i'm itching for spring so badly these days and here in the south we just got another blast from old man winter. that won't hold me back from busting out my floral prints and denim short though! i'm a huge fan of layering and one great way to keep warm in the winter when you're dead set on wearing shorts is tights, tights, tights! i'm actually sporting two pairs here just to keep extra toasty...


ahhh, this blazer, another all time favorite. i get some of my paint supplies at the wal-mart that is about 2 minutes from my house and every so often something will jump out at me from the clothing dept. i'm certainly not about to pass up a good deal! i know wal-mart is terrible and all, but how could i pass this up? it's actually made of super comfy cotton jersey material and i had to have it! it was 12 bucks! i mean really, 12 BUCKS, come on...


i know i've spoken of these boots before, but let me just say again how much i love them! being vegan, it can be pretty darn difficult to come across awesome non-leather boots. these keep my legs so nice and warm, and i can even still wear knee high socks with them in addition to tights. did i mention that it's really cold today? they even look pretty darn close to real leather. usually vegan shoes have this plastic quality about them that is so not cute. these look all worn and legit. it's not the look of leather that i'm against after all, just the ingredients!



i've also decided to work on growing my hair out a bit. just the front part, so that i can either have so cute bangs, put it behind my ear, or perhaps curl it up when the mood strikes me. it's at this really odd point right now where the front wants to grow straight out. not pretty! so i'm trying to be strong and not trim it up. for now the straightening iron will be my best friend. we'll see how this goes...

shorts- rodarte for target
floral shirt- urban outfitters
blazer- wal-mart
tights- target
boots- ebay
floral brooch- handmade by yours truly

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home