This page has moved to a new address.

a few peeks at the nursery...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer: a few peeks at the nursery...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer

I'm Jenn, a stay at home/work at home mama to Penny, wife to Evan, and daughter, sister, and friend to a lot more. I absolutely love capturing beautiful every day moments from behind my lens, and I'm doing my best to do just that!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

a few peeks at the nursery...

this past week has been spent making over our guest room into a new little nursery for penny! we haven't really gotten very far yet, but it already feels like such a huge change. here's a peek at our progress thus far...

the walls were a deep mauve sort of color to begin with. this isn't the best picture, but silly me forgot to take a bunch of "before" shots...


we decided to repaint the room a lovely shade of antique white... which meant it took 3 coats to cover up the old color. pain in the neck, but so very worth it!


the mr. gettin' down to business! he and i have our painting method down pat. i do all the trim and edge work, and he rolls it all out. we're quite a team!


mirabelle was a bit nervous about all the action...


i scored this vintage lace curtain for $4 at a thrift store. it's absolutely perfect!


and a close up of those sweet sweet ruffles!


and this amazing rocker was a gift to us from my friends parents. i've known them since i was about 13... crazy!


so that's it so far. this is my favorite thing to work on and think about lately. one might say i'm obsessed, but i LOVE doing room makeovers, and to be doing one for the little lady in my belly makes it more special then i can even tell you.

i'll be sure to share more baby room goodness as it develops!


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Red Completely Red said...

Your nursery looks beautiful so far! In fact, it reminds me of another gorgeous nursery, which I would swear has that same old rocker: http://lesliesgoodreport.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-year-new-room.html

We are just finally decorating our nursery now, as our daughter turns 16 months! Better late than never, I suppose... :)

Astrid at www.redredcompletelyred.com

October 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home