This page has moved to a new address.

getting back on track

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer: getting back on track

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer

I'm Jenn, a stay at home/work at home mama to Penny, wife to Evan, and daughter, sister, and friend to a lot more. I absolutely love capturing beautiful every day moments from behind my lens, and I'm doing my best to do just that!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

getting back on track

this past week and a half i've been making a real effort to get myself back on the good health track that i was on before winter hit. for the past 4 months or so i had quit exercising, began eating all sorts of junky sweets, and just generally stopped taking care of my body. this is fully expected around the holidays, but come on, enough is enough!


i've gotten my butt back to the gym, and started hitting up yoga again. i forgot how much i absolutely love yoga and how it makes me sore in all new places when i haven't done it for awhile. definitely in that oh so good way though! in a grand effort to also get my eating habits back on track, i decided to completely cut sugar, simple carbs and processed foods out of my diet for 21 days. why 21 days you ask? well evan and i, along with my entire family, are bound for a voyage on this amazing ship! we booked this trip 2 years ago, before the ship was even built, and i can't believe it's almost here! i want to look and feel fabulous while sunning myself, hence the healthy boot camp!


this definitely isn't a crash diet to lose weight kinda thing, i would never recommend that! this is me making an effort to remove the harmful things from my diet, things that do nothing good for my body, and replace them with fresh, energizing, good for me things! in just the 10 days i've been doing this i already have more energy, i stopped needing caffeine in the morning, i'm sleeping better, i'm learning new recipes, and i'm generally just feeling good about treating my body with the respect it deserves. we only get one of these things, so why junk it up!


a lot of this was inspired by my purchasing the "crazy sexy diet" book. honestly i don't feel like it's fair calling it a diet book, because it's not. it should be called the "crazy sexy lifestyle" book. it's all about making daily choices to put better things into yourself, so as to get more out of yourself. it's really a great, informative, enjoyable read and i certainly recommend it!

so here's to our health!


(all photos grabbed from google images)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home