This page has moved to a new address.

to connecticut with love...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer: to connecticut with love...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer

I'm Jenn, a stay at home/work at home mama to Penny, wife to Evan, and daughter, sister, and friend to a lot more. I absolutely love capturing beautiful every day moments from behind my lens, and I'm doing my best to do just that!

Monday, December 17, 2012

to connecticut with love...

putting into words just how i feel about fridays horrible events hasn't been something i've found easy to do. i can say though that it has gotten to me. right to my insides and shaken me up like i haven't felt since i can remember. maybe it's that the victims were all so very innocent, or perhaps it's that i have i child of my own, but even september 11th didn't jolt me like this, and i was living in new york city at the time. 

i can't quite remember who wrote it or exactly how the words went, but the sentiment is what keeps coming into my head over and over, and it brings me to tears every time. it was a thought really, the thought of coming home one day to your childs "things" knowing that your baby would never be there amongst them again. i can't imagine how these parents are coping with it... it's impossible. 

so for the past few days, and from here on out, i'm going to cherish every single sweet moment i have with this family of mine. i'll hold on to every tiny hug, and slobbery kiss, and though i know i can't protect her from everything, i'll do my best to make her world filled with a little less sadness, and a lot more magic. we owe our children that at the very least...




Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Micah Moves said...

I feel the same. No big event outside of my own life has made me grieve like this. I'm not even sure how people have politicized it so quickly, I haven't even been able to work through my own emotions enough to engage in debate about the next step. Of course I have some thoughts in mind regarding policy action, but I really can't get past the empathy I feel for the mothers and the children from Newtown. I still break down every time I think about it for more than a moment. It's so oddly traumatizing, even though it's so indirect and far-removed. Being a parent makes me feel like an entirely different kind of human sometimes. That's a weird thing to say, but, do you know what I mean? .....

December 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger monkeyandsquirrel said...

i completely agree micah! the only reason i can come up with as to why people are having so many political debates over it is that they feel the need to do SOMETHING. and when there's nothing to be done to make this horror any less horrific they turn to the things they can control. laws and regulations. i can't get my brain to go there yet either. i'm right there with you, just thinking about those kids and their parents. that's as far as i've gotten with this...

and i'm pretty sure you're right about motherhood making us completely different. the amount of love and compassion you're able to feel not only for your child, but for ones you've never meant, is amazing!

December 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home