This page has moved to a new address.

how i've missed you so!

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer: how i've missed you so!

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer

I'm Jenn, a stay at home/work at home mama to Penny, wife to Evan, and daughter, sister, and friend to a lot more. I absolutely love capturing beautiful every day moments from behind my lens, and I'm doing my best to do just that!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

how i've missed you so!

well hello there friends! it's been quite some time since i've been able to regularly post here, and for that i apologize. march was just a crazy month with too many activities and too much traveling. not to say that i didn't enjoy it all, but there is something to be said for being home with no plans at all!

i've got so very much to update on, that i'll just have to break it down into a few separate posts. let's start with my trip to NY two weeks ago. i flew up for my cousins wedding and stayed up there for 6 days. my brother and sister still live in NY and i miss them and their little families tons! anytime i get a chance to visit them and their kiddos i jump at the opportunity! and with the exception of a 24 hour stomach bug whilst there (which was down right evil!), the whole trip was so so very lovely. my phone is chock full of photos from my little trip, and here are a few of my faves...

an early morning flight...

i love you sky mall!

my poor niece was sick when we arrived...

decorations courtesy of my 2 years old niece...

babysitting my nephew...

my sisters cat charlie... don't wear black pants around this fellow!

mani's with my mom and sister...

it was definitely a NY wedding!

the first dance...

building castles with the kiddos...

a rainy day walking around NYC...

my snuggly little niece...

tiniest plane for the ride home...

uhhg, just looking back at these pictures makes me a bit homesick. not for NY really, or any physical place, but for my family and friends that still live there. NC is my home now, and i love it to death, but if i could transport all of those people i love down here with me, what a happy lady i would be!



Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

do you have any suggestions for any vegan restaurants in nyc? i'm going for the first time in a few weeks, and as a concerted effort to gradually but permanently eat vegan, i gave up milk & eggs for lent.

March 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger monkeyandsquirrel said...

ohhhh boy trina, NYC is like vegan heaven! here are some of my favorites...

*red bamboo (a vegan staple!)
*atlas (great sandwich and dessert spot)
*candle 79 (if you're looking for a pricier, fancy night out)
*snice (more amazing sandwiches/paninis)
*organic grill (yummy breakfast spot)
*lula's apothecary (vegan ice cream sundaes.... so so good!)
*angelicas kitchen (really fresh clean veggie full meals)
*mamouns falafel (my favorite falafel spot ever! so cheap and delicious. i miss these everyday)

i could go on and on. NYC is the best city for vegan eating. you will have an absolute blast!!!

March 31, 2011 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger monkeyandsquirrel said...

oh and if you happen to be going into, or staying in brooklyn, you must try foodswings (vegan junk food at its finest) and boneshakers (a great corner coffee shop with the yummiest tofu scramble breakfast sandwich ever)

:)

March 31, 2011 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thank you!! i'm so excited!

March 31, 2011 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger monkeyandsquirrel said...

you are very very welcome... have so much fun!!!

March 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home