This page has moved to a new address.

duck, duck,... GEESE!

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer: duck, duck,... GEESE!

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer

I'm Jenn, a stay at home/work at home mama to Penny, wife to Evan, and daughter, sister, and friend to a lot more. I absolutely love capturing beautiful every day moments from behind my lens, and I'm doing my best to do just that!

Monday, May 11, 2009

duck, duck,... GEESE!


i was chatting it up with my mom the other day when she told me about the goose in the parking garage. apparently a momma goose decided the 4th floor of the parking garage of the medical center that my mom works in would be an ideal spot for laying some eggs. and so she did, right there in alpharetta GA, with daddy goose right by her side. she sat on those eggs like a pro for days and days while everyone in the building awaited the arrival of the babies. it takes approx 28 days for geese eggs to hatch (as my mom, the now goose egg expert, told me) and they were counting every day. finally the big moment was upon them. the little babies had arrived! even grandma goose came into town for a visit. at least this is what they call the anonymous 3rd goose who walks around the parking deck with daddy and the babies whilst mommy rests. the building manager has closed the entire 4th floor of said parking garage until the babies are old enough to take flight, and quite literally, leave the nest. i was amazed. having grown up in new york, and living my last 10 years there in manhattan, this is something that would never even be heard of. no way would an entire floor of a garage in nyc be closed simply because a bird laid some eggs. so its little stories like this that make me happy i made the move down south. people take a minute to stop and smell the roses, or the goose poop for that matter. so the next time i get angry at the slow southern drivers, or the people who want to start full conversations at the grocery store, i'll remember the momma goose. without this southern way of life she might not have had the 4th floor to call home.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Claire Mercado-Obias said...

This is hilarious & heart-warming at the same time :)

May 13, 2009 at 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home