This page has moved to a new address.

10 for the price of one...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer: 10 for the price of one...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer

I'm Jenn, a stay at home/work at home mama to Penny, wife to Evan, and daughter, sister, and friend to a lot more. I absolutely love capturing beautiful every day moments from behind my lens, and I'm doing my best to do just that!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10 for the price of one...

i was reading one of my recent favorite blogs the other day, blue moss, and on a little outing she spotted these incredible jeffrey campbell ruffle boots. they are absolutely fabulous! a little tough, a little feminine... they're the perfect boot combo!



only problem for me though, aside from them being WAY out of my price range, is that they're also leather. being vegan i don't wear any leather at all and often have to pass on some amazing finds.

well as fate would have it, i stumbled across some darn good impostors this morning... and they're faux! at $24 a pair, these fit into my budget much better!




and, they come in a bunch of other colors!



so, while i totally understand people having ethical issues with knockoffs (an absolutely valid issue!), for me my bigger ethical issue is with the materials the originals are made with. not too many high end designers out there are making vegan footwear, and a girls gotta have boots!

so i ask you, lovely readers, what's your stance on knockoffs. do you partake or not?


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger blue moss said...

i struggle with knock offs....since on a smaller scale, i've been knocked off and it doesn't feel great.
but since jeffrey campbell doesn't have a vegan version right now, it doesn't seem bad :) (and does jc knock off shoes that are even more expensive than theirs?)
last year jc did make that boot in dark, dark navy satin-ish material and they were fabulous and were a much better price. i was in a no-spend zone and didn't get them but my sister did.... i kick myself everytime she wears them :)
anyway...if you get them, let me know if you love them :)
michelle

October 20, 2010 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger monkeyandsquirrel said...

i've had the website up for a few hours now and just can't decide if i should go ahead and do it. i will certainly let you know if i do!

i completely understand about not enjoying knockoffs too. some of my etsy items have been flat out copied, even the descriptions word for word, and it's a terrible feeling! even if i could afford the originals though, i wouldn't buy them because the material. does that mean i should support a knockoff? tough call!

October 20, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home