This page has moved to a new address.

R.I.P Ari Up...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer: R.I.P Ari Up...

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer

I'm Jenn, a stay at home/work at home mama to Penny, wife to Evan, and daughter, sister, and friend to a lot more. I absolutely love capturing beautiful every day moments from behind my lens, and I'm doing my best to do just that!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

R.I.P Ari Up...

it's a sad day in the music world, at least in my music world. i just found out that Ari Up, frontwoman for one of my top 5 favorite ever bands The Slits, just passed away. though there was one fellow in the band, the three leads were all female, and it was always presented as a female punk band. this might not sound like anything huge, but this band started in 1976... so it was pretty much unheard of then. they weren't afraid to be crazy, unattractive, and sing about not being your standard gal! if you've never heard of them, here's a good place to start. get ready to have your mind blown...


so tough...



typical girls




and possibly the best cover of all time, i heard it through the grapevine...




Ari Up... you're a legend!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home