This page has moved to a new address.

DIY crafty goodness!

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer: DIY crafty goodness!

Monkey & Squirrel - Charlotte NC Photographer

I'm Jenn, a stay at home/work at home mama to Penny, wife to Evan, and daughter, sister, and friend to a lot more. I absolutely love capturing beautiful every day moments from behind my lens, and I'm doing my best to do just that!

Friday, December 10, 2010

DIY crafty goodness!

i'm so excited for tonight! my sister-in-law and i are having a little crafty get together to make some fun holiday goodies. it's funny how i never get tired of making things. i was definitely afraid that when i started being a full time crafter i would get burnt out on the whole thing and not want to do it in my spare time at all. that seems to be the exact opposite of how it's turned out though. the more i do, the more i want to do more! my brain is flooded at all times with fun little crafts to work on and i just wish i had time to do them all!

here are two of the projects that i've already purchased the supplies for. first is this adorable star garland, spotted on creature comforts. i'm in love with this one big time and might just keep it up in my house all year long! check out the full tutorial here. i think i'll even just poke holes in some of them and use them on gifts or on our tree!



the second fun little goodie is also from creature comforts. i swear, that blog is dangerous for me. i want to do every single project on there! these gingerbread gift tags (or ornaments) seem super fun and easy. anytime i can put "icing" on a creation, that's a winner in my book!




if these two are a success i may just move onto some of my other favorites. i'm over the moon for this pom-pom garland, seen hanging on the ceiling here, that i originally spotted on bloesem. it's so very bright, and absolutely adorable! i think it would even be amazing in all white for a wintery feel. stringing pom-poms... that's totally doable! (here is the original post)




this post on design sponge has got my brain going overtime with all these amazing ideas! this paper garland would be a fabulous little touch to any gift under the tree. it's making me realize that there are few things that a bit of string and paper can't spruce up. this is one post to definitely check out!




on all of my crafty hunts i also came across a few great resources that i MUST add to my collection. lotta jansdotter, the ever amazing scandinavian designer, has a wonderful paper crafts book that is calling to me! i now want paper pinwheels everywhere! the beehives and bunting are ridiculously cute as well!




and here's a FREEBIE to download. the happy holidays guide to diy from papernstitch! it looks incredible. sadly, i haven't been able to download it yet because of too much traffic, but that just means it must be gooooood! i'm patiently waiting to snag this one up!



anyone else have a crafty weekend planned. please feel free to share some links of other DIY treats as i can never get enough. here's to happy crafting!!!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home